6/14/14

Moving: A fresh start

In my last post, I broke the news to you guys that I was moving...and I finally did! I've been in my new place for a few weeks now and I love it. Living in a downtown area is possibly the greatest thing you could experience because almost everything you need is within walking distance; i.e. I was able to walk to the movie theater last night to go see 22 Jump Street with a couple girl friends. I've wanted to live in this area my entire life and now I'm finally able to. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting to this point in my life.

Though I've been in my apartment for awhile, I don't exactly have it the way I want it (aka perfect) so I've been hesitant to do a post on it. My couch is still in the process of being reupholstered and I have next to nothing as far as decor goes, but I almost prefer that, I think. I like super light spaces with minimal decor and minimal furniture. After living in Denton and realizing how much stuff I had accumulated over the 4 years I was in that apartment, I've made a conscious effort to clean out my clutter and bring as little as possible to my new place. I'm very much preferring how I am living now.

All that said, I've had several friends ask me how my apartment is coming and how I'm liking it, so here are a few photos to tide you over until I've got it exactly how I want it.

 Enjoy!

Natalie

Fresh flowers from a neighbor.


One of my future projects...it'll be blue velvet. Eventually. 



Still one of my favorite estate sale finds.


1 comment: